- If you drop a 100 pound weight 1 foot and bring it to a sudden stop the amount of energy is between 900 to 1,100 pounds. Imagine 3 250 pound NFL linebackers sitting on you. Remedy: Wear personal fall arrest equipment when working at heights or make sure a fall protection railing is in place.
- An automobile driver traveling at 50 MPH involved in a sudden impact/stop accident will experience 25,473pounds of impact if wearing a seatbelt. Without a seatbelt, the pounds impact is 127,366. Strong suggestion, wear a seat belt, only takes 4 seconds to put on.
- Be kind to animals. When visiting a zoo, don’t sit on the fence because you might fall in. If you fall in the animal may eat you. That may make the animal sick.
- Who knew “selfies” could be so hazardous. Between 2011 and 2018 259 people died taking/attempting to take a selfie. Picture is said toa be worth a 1,000 words, but not your life.
- Nearly 19,000 people end up in the ER each year due to grill related injuries. Hint, its not the brats.
- There is a teddy bear in every Dutch Police car. (A comfort in the event something happens to a child.)
- Police lights flash in such a way that your eyes and brain can never “get used to them”.
Note: I found all of these facts on the internet or uncovered during my research for safety training courses.